Brave browser is a multi-platform web browser developed and managed by Brave Software. This browser is the same as different web browsers such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and others but brave gives additional features which it stands out from others.
Brave appears to be the perfect browser option for Linux users because of its innovative software design, privacy-focused concept, and fast and easy performance.
Features Of Brave Browser
- Address Bar
- Add Bookmark
- Autosuggest search terms and URLs
- Directly search from the address bar.
- Show or hide the bookmark toolbar
- Show secure or insecure websites by scanning valid SSL certificates.
- Brave Firewall & VPN
- Block trackers across all applications.
- Brave provides an in-built VPN which helps the user to mask their IP address.
- Protect all in or out connections
- Brave Rewards
- Earn BAT tokens by watching ads.
- Support your favourite website or creators by giving tips.
- Contribute or auto-contribute to websites.
- Maintain and transfer money into and out of your wallet using Meta mask.
- Become a verified creator to begin receiving BAT from referrals, tips, and contributions.
- Custom backgrounds
- Users can add any background they want.
- Add multiple images to create a slideshow of the rotation of the images.
- Easily edit crop or resize the image.
- Extension & Plugins
- The brave browser supports most of the chrome extensions from the chrome web store.
- Import & export data
- Easily import data from any other browser and continue where the user left off.
- Import bookmarks and all the settings.
- IPFS Integration
- Direct access to content on the IPFS network.
- One-click full IPFS installation.
- Surfing without a mediator in between.
- Load pages faster
- Pages load faster than chrome and firefox.
- Night Mode
- Set web pages to automatically load with a dark background to prevent eye strain.
- Useful to use at the night.
- Create a playlist from your browser.
- Option to save now, watch or listen later.
- Available only for iOS users.
- Privacy & Security
- Brave prevents malware and tracking from websites.
- Brave has in-built ads blocker to prevent malicious cookies.
- Brave has a search engine called Brave Search.
- In-built ad blocker.
- Shields prevent malicious scripts.
- Users can configure global shield settings.
- Prevention from fingerprinting.
- HTTPS Upgrading.
- Control over cookies of any website.
- To quickly access your preferred websites in a browser window, add a website or URL bookmark to the sidebar (including private windows and private windows with Tor).
- Remove, rename, rearrange (by dragging and dropping), or arrange.
- Brave Talk and Brave Wallet are easily accessible.
- The custom reader mode in Brave strips out extraneous content from pages it identifies as articles and presents the content in a more condensed manner. Unlike other reader modes, Speedreader detects and removes web bloat-like trackers and privacy-harming page components before a page loads or renders. Better privacy, quicker load times, and data plan savings follow from this.
- Sync & Password Sync
- Easily sync between user profiles between devices or platforms.
- Sync everything from bookmarks, passwords, history, open tabs, extensions, themes and apps.
- Tabs & Windows
- The features under tabs and windows are private windows, pinned tabs, auto-unload, drag and drop, close option, find on page and print page.
Install Brave Browser In Kali Linux
Installing brave browser is very easy and updating is easier.
The steps are the same for Parrot Security OS or any other Debian distribution.
The only prerequisite is curl. To check and install enter the command shown below:
sudo apt-get install curl
To install it, follow the steps below:
- Go to the downloads page of the website.
- Add the brave keyring to the Linux system.
sudo curl -fsSLo /usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg
- Add the brave repository in the sources.list.d file.
echo "deb [signed-by=/usr/share/keyrings/brave-browser-archive-keyring.gpg] https://brave-browser-apt-release.s3.brave.com/ stable main"|sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/brave-browser-release.list
- Update the repository for the brave.
sudo apt-get update
- Install the brave browser.
sudo apt-get install brave-browser -y
Update The Brave Browser
Updating the Brave browser is very easy. During the installation process, the repository of brave is copied to the sources.list.d folder. Whenever the user updates the Kali Linux system, the brave web browser updates alongside.
Use Brave Browser
There are two options to use brave browser:
- From the start menu.
- Open the start menu.
- Type brave or brave browser.
- The user will see the same as the image shown below.
- Directly from the terminal.
- Open the terminal.
- Type brave-browser and press Enter key.
Brave browser is a good alternative option for users who wants to try a new one apart from google chrome or Microsoft edge. The features make this browser stand out in the market and make it a great competitor.